Do you want to know what your home is worth, or what the values are in your neighborhood or what the house down the street just sold for? Here’s how to do it quickly and easily:
1. Click on the “Resources” button above.
2. Click on South City Real Estate Sales Info. Or, just Click Here. This will take you to TheCaroleFogelstromTeam.com site which will allow you to search the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
3. Once on the website, click on “MY HOUSE” or “SIGN UP” button above. Fill out the information and don’t forget to save your password for further access.
4. If you want local sales and listing information for your neighborhood, fill out the information requested and it will give you information and compare surrounding homes in your area. Automatic, monthly updates can also be requested.
5. Feel free to click “Home Search” to look for listed homes in other cities just by typing in the city of your choice.
6. Be sure to put in a Price Range and the minimum number of bedrooms and baths.
7. The default is for Single Family Homes and Condo/Townhomes but that can be changed by opening up “Property Type”. If you want to look for REO/bank owned properties, you can use the filter to show only those homes. Don’t put in too many filters as it will show only homes with ALL those features which could cut down on the number of properties you will see.
8. Play around with the site to become familiar with it, even saving properties for future viewing.
9. Good luck and enjoy the site.
10. Please give me your feedback on my blog and website.
11. As always, you can call me at (650) 878-8813 with any questions.
If you are looking for a wonderful place to eat in South San Francisco, there is a little cozy place on Grand Avenue that has the most authentic, Italian/Sicilian cuisine. Ristorante Buon Gusto has a friendly staff, the service is excellent and the prices are reasonable. To top off your meal, they serve complimentary Marsala wine in an aperitif glass. A small city parking lot is right next door if you can't find parking on the street. Vincenzo Vecchiola, the owner, has a beautiful Sicilian accent, an accent that is music to my ears, having grown up with grandparents from Sicily. My favorite is the Prawns Carmelo named after one of the owners.
Ristorante Buon Gusto is located at 224 Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, California 94080. For reservations, call (650) 742-9776. Bon appétit
Have you had the pleasure of dining in this lovely place? Tell us your favorite dish. I am interested in hearing about your experience of the restaurant.
Did any of you get one of those Centennial Way free T-Shirts at the Dedication last week? When we washed one of them, the blue color came out all over our other clothes. So, this is just a "heads up" to be careful. We were able to remove the stains by soaking in "Oxy Magic".
After watching the Dedication of the Walking Path, we made our way to the Farmer's Market at the South San Francisco Bart Station. There were lots of customers choosing their favorite goodies. I bought some very tasty, organic strawberries and delicious marinated garlic olives from Homemaid Ravioli(These are definitely my favorite ravioli). I also bought a beautiful orchid plant for all of $10. Sure hope I don't kill it as I have others. I just don't have a green a thumb as I'd like. Oh well, I do what I have to do to help the economy.
Today was the Centennial Way Walking Path Dedication at Orange Park. There were balloons, food and drinks to those who showed up to watch the cutting of the ribbon by Councilmember Karyl Matsumoto. Even though it was probably the hottest day of the year, my husband, Jim, and I walked the path from Orange Park to the South San Francisco Bart Station. While I do love to walk, I made the mistake of wearing sandals instead of tennis shoes. Oh, well, it is a great walk and I plan to walk as far as the path will take me next time with tennis shoes!
Welcome to SouthCityBlog.com. My name is Carole Fogelstrom and I was raised, educated and married in South San Francisco. I have lived and worked in and around this city since 1955. As a child I watched the 50 year celebration parade stroll down Grand Avenue. I’ve seen the city morph from an “Industrial City” to the birthplace of biotechnology. This forum will speak to the residents and anyone who has an interest in South San Francisco. We will be discussing what makes South San Francisco such a great place to be, to live, work and play. Which businesses, restaurants or places of interest do you enjoy? We will discuss the changes that are going on in South City, such as the recent one-way traffic on West Orange Avenue. Of course, I will need your input so please give me your thoughts.
There may even be a trivia contest for you to enjoy and possibly win.
Check out my profile to learn more about me. From growing up in this great city to becoming a Real Estate Broker/Realtor® who enjoys selling real estate in this great city since 1986. I have watched South City grow and change before my eyes. Come along for the ride to see where this takes us.